Friday, August 8, 2008

Vacations Rock

Yesterday we returned from camping. Bass Lake is 16 miles outside of Yosemite and just as beautiful and peaceful (minus the threat of fire). We had a wonderful time with the Mann and Krage families. Although Brit and Grant were absent, we felt like a part of this large wonderful group of people.
Among other things, Emma took part in her first Sprint Triathlon. She and 2 other 10 year old 'cousins' competed as a team, with Emma doing the 1/4 mile swim.
Shadow and Emma spent more time in the lake than out of it. Shadow discovered a new love of kayaking and duck hunting.
Team Mann triathlon Cousins (minus stud-cousin Grant).
Its so wonderful when families merge and connect and new members are welcomed in. Thank you Grant for including us in your life.
(And Brit, I don't think I did anything to embarrass you this year.)

1 comment:

BirdieMann said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. I can't wait for Camp Pendleton Beach Camp next year!! I'm gonna make some amazing t-shirts for everyone. Thats how excited I am.